Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bloggle study:1/19/10: Genesis 13-18

The thing I love the most about the story of Abraham is all the talk of his descendants and the inheritance good old Abe passes down to us through Jesus! My favorite part of this inheritance that I have received through Christ Jesus is in 15:1 Do not be afraid, Abram I am your shield your very great reward., and then in 18:19 it tells us exactly how Abraham passed this inheritance down and how we can continue to hand it down to the generations following us For I have chosen him so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just. I am so glad that Abraham, his descendants leading up to my parents, and my parents were faithful to pass this inheritance of hope, comfort, and safety down to me because knowing that God is my shield having the opportunity to know him through Jesus has been a very great reward indeed! There is nothing greater that I can give to my daughter than the understanding that there is no need to fear in this world because God's got her back and that being in a relationship with him is a reward greater than anything this world can offer! Speaking of relationships, how awesome is the relationship that Abraham enjoys with God? God visits, Abraham sits and talks with him, God welcomes Abraham's questions and patiently entertains Abraham's frustration and resulting suggestions. That is the kind of relationship God created us to have with him. I can feel it when I read the text because my whole being longs for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment