Friday, November 20, 2009

This is all new to me. I'm a lot intimidated and a little scared, but I know this is where God has led me, so I press on trusting in my creator's wisdom and love as he sets the course for my life. This is by no means the first time we have set out on a journey together, and that is how I know that following Jesus, my light in this dark world, is the only thing I want to do whether I am unfamiliar with and intimidated by where he is leading me or not. Well over three years ago God called me to his service through a series of events that are detailed in my book This Is My Story(available at tatepublishing.com or Amazon.com), and I am just now picking up where I left off after my daughter was born in 2006. More recently, God has been calling me to continue using my life to praise and honor him in a manner that will produce fruit for his kingdom. Around a year and a half ago, I had an MCA (middle cerebral artery) stroke that has left me partially paralyzed on my left-side. Initially, I was wheel-chair bound and totally dependant, but after months of therapy I am able to walk with relative independance although I still utilize a muscle stimulation unit by Bioness, Inc., and have regained most of my independance:) My stroke was chased exactly a month later by open-heart surgery to repair what was found to be holes in the septum of my heart that had contributed to the occurance of my stroke. Something I noticed as I recuperated in my hospital bed after each trauma was that visitors and well-wishers arrived expecting to find a crushed young mother mourning the distruction of her life only 28 years in the making. I witnessed surprise play across face after face and realized over time that the surprise was rooted in the fact that I still had a smile on my face no matter how lopsided it was at this point. It was a wonder to most that I wasn't despairing because I believe they felt as if they would have been in a similar situation. This is by no means a tribute to myself but simply a shining example of why I am totally in love with Jesus Christ because having built my life on the foundation of his teaching, I was sustained in the storm of life just like his word promises in Matthew 7:24-27. I am, now, blogging because I want you to have a chance to be able to say the same after the storms of your life pass. God loves you and desires to sustain you in this life as well, so much so that he has called me to use my life as a means of introduction between the two of you. I love and value you because I know God does, and my love for him results in you being important to me, so I want to share this treasure I have found with you in a real and personal manner that I hope you will be able to relate! The best thing about God's suatenance is that it consists of a steady diet of joy, peace, contentment, and blessing! If that sounds like something that interests you keep reading My Little Light no matter who you are, a Christian, an unbeliever, a skeptic, or a seeker you are most welcome to read and consider the beautiful ways God has influenced my life, and more importantly, the beautiful ways he hopes to influence yours. I sit here typing with my affected arm contracted in an unnatural twist that creates discomfort in my shoulder yet I am,honestly, perfectly contented and at peace with my life. That's the place I hope this blog will lead you to minus the crazy arm!...only the peace and contentment to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment